All-GAMEE Update: A Look Back at the Last Six Months in Arc8
New games, Token Takeovers, competitions and more — find out what’s been going on in Arc8
It’s that time once again where we take a look back at all that’s been going on in GAMEE in recent months. From unparalleled Token Takeover rewards to groundbreaking new NFT functionalities, it’s been an action-packed period and a huge step forward for Web3 gaming.
And where better to start than with the latest games to hit Arc8.
Since the last All-GAMEE update in May 2022, GAMEE has brought a number of games to the Arc8 gaming platform. Among this selection is our second game created in cooperation with a partner — Cool Cats Combinations.
This release epitomizes our striving towards cross-platform NFT interoperability and unlocking the full potential of Web3 technology. During the launch event, players with a minted Cool Cats or Cool Pets NFT gained access to exclusive Cool Cats Combination tournaments with large prize pools.
Here are all the games released on Arc8 since June 2022:
- Hoop Shot: A basketball-themed frenzy
- Energy Wars: A G-Bot-exclusive puzzle blaster
- Qube 2048: Chaos with cubes, and currently our most popular game
- Cool Cats Combinations: A charming puzzle in cooperation with Cool Cats
- Run!: A twisting labyrinth packed with ghouls and treasure
Omega Particles, Breeding, Upgrading and Evolving
G-Bot Starters weren’t the only big change to the world of G-Bots. In October, we launched the long-awaited functionalities of breeding, upgrading and evolving, plus a new token to fuel these activities: Omega Particles, or OMP, which can be earned in G-Bot tournaments.
Now, players can breed 2–5 G-Bots at a time to create a new Baby Bot, which in turn can be upgraded and evolved into an adult.
Those not satisfied with their stats can also upgrade their G-Bot, allowing them to mold it to fit their particular playing style.
This is a significant step on the G-Bot roadmap, as it means that G-Bots no longer serve solely as entrance tickets to exclusive games, but are customizable gaming assets that players can modify or use to create their own brand-new NFTs.
GMEE/OMP Staking Event (Oct 17 — Jan 15)
Following the launch of OMP and the release of the new G-Bot functionalities, we opened a liquidity pool for GMEE/OMP.
Players with OMP and GMEE in their wallets are able to pair them in return for LP tokens, which they then stake in our liquidity pool to earn a share of 500,000 GMEE. The staking is running until January 15, 2023 so there is still time to join. The liquidity pool contains 10,000 GMEE and 2000 OMP and, so far, $18,600 has been staked.
The liquidity pool was kept relatively small so as to ensure that OMP can only be earned by playing G-Bot games, thereby guaranteeing that this token truly is a reward for gaming skill.
Arc8 is a gaming platform that welcomes partnerships with heavyweights in the world of blockchain. Each season, therefore, brings a host of new partner tokens that players can earn in gaming tournaments.
In Seasons 3 and 4, players had the chance to earn a share of:
- 6,250 SAND
- 150,000 SPORT
- 7,500 MATIC
- 500,000 TCP
- 600,000 QUIDD
Our biggest prize pool ever was QUIDD, where over $30,000 was up for grabs in Arc8 tournaments — one player even bought a gaming PC with his earnings.
So large was the prize pool that there is still 29,342 QUIDD remaining, which we will give away in two 24-hour G-Bot Master tournaments this November.
Providing entry to G-Bot-exclusive tournaments and matches in Arc8, these G-Bot Starters are an excellent entry-level NFT that can be won by competing in Arc8 games or competitions. They are themed with Arc8 games or are sponsored by partners.
For many players, they are the first ever gaming asset they have ever owned and, since they cannot be upgraded or bred, they generate demand for regular G-Bots as players look for an outlet to spend their newly acquired OMP tokens.
So far, we’ve given away Starters themed with:
- Hoop Shot
- Pirate Solitaire
- The Crypto Prophecies
- Cool Cats
- Energy Wars
- Dark Lords
Arc8 is constantly being innovated to stay ahead of the game and offer new features that improve the experience for players. Whether these updates are an existing part of the roadmap or are requested by the community, their aim is to keep Arc8 at the forefront of Web3 gaming.
Here are the main updates we have introduced since June:
- Dynamic Prize Pools: Tournament rewards now increase in tiers according to how many players have joined the tournament, meaning there is more incentive to join tournaments as the prize pool may increase
- Weekly Airdrops: Playing in competitive token matches now rewards tickets. When players have enough, they are entered into that week’s random draw to receive their share of huge GMEE prize pools
- Rarity Tournaments: G-Bot tournaments are now divided according to the rarity level of the G-Bots. These tournaments pay out GMEE or OMP on alternating days, allowing players to earn everything they need to upgrade, breed and evolve their G-Bots.
- PvP G-Bot Matches: G-Bot owners now have the pleasure of fighting in 1v1 matches and not only tournaments, increasing parity between G-Bot games and other games on the platform.
- Master Tournaments: Running alongside regular G-Bot tournaments, these occasional Master Tournaments are a 24-hour free-for-all with massive prize pools where every G-Bot is welcome — even G-Bot Starters.
- An auspicious number for some — Arc8 welcomed its 2,222,222th player in October
- We are fast approaching 100 million gameplays
- There are now 15 games on Arc8, including 2 that are exclusive to G-Bot owners
- So far, there have been 709 G-Bot upgrades and we have welcomed 267 new Baby Bots into the world, 154 of which have been evolved into adult G-Bots!
Keep On Reading
Here are some recent articles that might interest you:
- G-Bot Starters Could Be the First Ever Playable Character You Actually Own
- Introducing OMP — the New Token that Will Power G-Bot Breeding, Upgrading and Evolving
- No Ordinary NFTs: Play With, Breed, Upgrade and Evolve Your G-Bots in Arc8
Follow GAMEE here on Medium to receive updates, competition launches and news. And see what else we have coming up here on our roadmap.
— — — — — — — —
Keep up with Arc8
Download Arc8: https://www.gamee.com/download
Arc8 Twitter: https://twitter.com/Arc8App
Arc8 Telegram: https://t.me/gameetoken
Arc8 Discord: https://discord.gg/gamee