Published on July 2, 2020
We are thrilled to share the news that we have joined a bigger family: GAMEE has been acquired by Animoca Brands, a family of various global gaming companies leveraging popular brands, gamification, mobile technology, and blockchain.
We have been building GAMEE for 5 years and it was the best journey we could ever hope for, half a decade together in both good and hard times. Now the time has come to scale up our efforts, and being a part of Animoca Brands will allow us to do that.
- Over 60 million people around the world played our games
- We had a chance to collaborate on games with some of world’s shiniest brands, and we still cannot believe we made games with NASA, Manchester City Football Club or Guinness World of Records
- Marketing Week listed GAMEE among 100 Most Disruptive brands globally, Google selected us for a global Launchpad accelerator
- We learned how to pivot, which sounds easy but is really challenging to execute
We have chosen to join Animoca Brands to become stronger and to gain a partner with whom we can build wonderful products. We admire Animoca Brands’ passion for gamification, blockchain and mobile technology, its vision to build the next generation of entertainment apps that will deliver true digital ownership to gamers.
Animoca Brands is behind games like F1® Delta Time, The Sandbox, Crazy Kings, and Crazy Defense Heroes as well as products based on popular intellectual properties such as Marvel, Garfield, Snoopy, Power Rangers, and Doraemon. Animoca Brands’ portfolio of blockchain investments and partnerships includes Lucid Sight, Dapper Labs (creators of CryptoKitties), WAX, Harmony, and Decentraland. The Company is based in Hong Kong, with offices in Canada, USA, UK, Finland, Argentina, and now the Czech Republic.
What is next for us?
- A new app launch, stay tuned!
- New brands to appear on GAMEE — one of them is the legendary gaming brand Atari!
Today, we would like to offer you our deepest thanks and appreciation for being a part of GAMEE’s journey.
Thank you to our team for your never give up attitude.
Thank you to our investors for supporting us in both good and tough times.
Thank you to our dear gamers, you are our ultimate motivation.
Originally published at https://www.linkedin.com.