Rarity Tournaments and 1v1 Battles — G-Bot Update Announcement
TL;DR: Compete in tournaments based on your G-Bots’ rarity and take on other G-Bot owners in head-to-head battles
Are you and your G-Bot squad up for a new challenge? Then take a look at what’s coming up in the G-Bot Metaverse on July 7th (1pm UTC) with new tournament types and head-to-head battles!
You voted for it on Discord and we delivered! Whether you’ve got a Mythical-level fighter or a slow-but-sturdy Common G-Bot, these tournaments will see you facing fairer competition. Now, instead of entering tournaments with every other possible kind of G-Bot, you will instead enter tournaments based on your G-Bots’ rarity level. What does this mean for G-Bot owners?
- After qualification, you will see five tournaments running at once — one for each level of rarity. If you have five G-Bots of different rarities, you can enter every tournament. However, you can only enter each tournament with one G-Bot.
- Lower rarity G-Bots will only be paired against other G-Bots, which means players who struggled to get anywhere in tournaments will now have a far better chance of placing higher, as game skill is much more of a deciding factor.
- Higher level, rarer G-Bots will be able to take on the best of the best and prove once and for all who the greatest players are. And, since there aren’t as many high-level G-Bots, you will be competing against fewer opponents and can get a much bigger slice of the rewards!
- This new approach to tournaments will run for at least 7 days and then we will make a decision on whether to continue with it. Join our Discord and let us know what you think about these changes!
Many players have been clamoring for this and we’re happy to announce it’s finally here! If you’ve already given the current tournaments your best shot but want to keep on playing, now you can take on fellow G-Bot owners in 1v1 battles. Here’s all you need to know:
- Like all other 1v1 games on Arc8, these matches will be rank-based. You will be matched with another player according to your rank, which fluctuates based on your results. Everything you ever wanted to know about ranking and matchmaking can be found here.
- You will have to complete qualification matches beforehand, as with all other games on Arc8. As you rank up, you will be able to compete in increasingly higher tiers of competition with higher GMEE entry fees and rewards, starting with Bronze level.
- Rarity and stats play no role. You can choose whichever G-Bot you want to battle with, but both G-Bots in the battle will be given the same high stats. That means the result comes down exclusively to player skill — it’s time to find out who the real champions are, and whether it’s you or your amazing G-Bot that has been killing it in tournaments. ;)
Let the games begin!
— — — — — — — — — — —